VETERINARY INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
The Veterinary Medical Center is a multi-doctor practice located out of 4 locations in Southwest Minnesota and Northwest Iowa. We are focused on bringing high-quality small animal medicine and superior food animal service and consultation to our clients.
We are offering an 8-12 week veterinary internship experience. Veterinary students who have completed their 1st or 2nd year of veterinary school are invited to apply. The applicant will work on various dairy, poultry, swine and beef projects, as well as riding with vets on farm calls and in the small animal clinics. The VMC provides free dorm-room style housing while interning. Further opportunities may include:
- Formulating study design, performing data collection, helping with data analysis.
- Shadowing clinic veterinarians during client consultations and sick calls.
- Applying diagnostic tissue collection principles and laboratory results interpretation.
- Learning about products that food animal veterinarians are likely to use in practice.
- Applying to present study findings at organized veterinary conferences such as AASV or AABP.
- If the student would like to achieve an additional objective during their experience outside of the above bullet points, we would entertain those on your cover letter.
The VMC also offers 2 week externships throughout the year through the veterinary college.
To apply, please Click Here.